Protection and Renovation Concept of the TfB Faber GmbH
New and yet well-tried
In-depth effective sealing by injection
Increase of durability and protection of new concrete structures by corrosion-protected reinforcement (recommended from 28 days after installment)
By sealing of cracks and cavities the damage through harmful substances can be prevented. Depending on the crack, the sealing is performed with either flexible or adhesive bonding materials.
- Cracks with change of width Remedial action: Flexible bond by injection of PUR-I
- Cracks without change of width Remedial action: Adhesive bond by injection of EP-I
The following procedures apply to every concrete structure which was constructed by slip-form paving.
- Protection of new curbs and gutters and concrete foundations without reinforcement in order to increase durability
- Renovation of older curbs and gutters and concrete foundations with unprotected reinforcement (construction steel) in order to restore sustainability and their durability.
Renovation of older concrete safety barriers with unprotected reinforcement (construction steel) in order to restore sustainability and their durability.
Older concrete safety barriers can have the following damages:
- Superficial cracks, especially „head cracks“
Remedial action: Sealing with PUR, cement suspension or cement paste (ZS/ZL-T)
- Circumferential cracks with change of width
Remedial action: Flexible bond through injection of PUR-I
- Circumferential cracks without change of width
Remedial action: Adhesive bond through injection of EP-I
- Circumferential cracks with damage by corrosion
Remedial action: Corrosion protection of the reinforcement by restoration of the alkaline environment with with concrete replacement after the DAfStb- Regulation
- Bigger spallings with damages due to carbonation
Remedial action: Re-profiling of damages with concrete replacement (PCC II)
Procedure of planning:
- Written documentation (folders)
- Visual documentation of cracks (pictures)
- Application of gypsum marks in order to determine changes in the width of the cracks due to temperature changes.
Procedure for cracks without damage by corrosion and or carbonation
- Cleansing of the crack-area (10cm in every direction)
- Attachment of adhesive packers or packers depending on the width of the concrete structure. Adhesive packers are directly attached onto the crack. The crack path and the platform of the packers are fully coated in insulating material. In case of a higher pressure, regular packers are used. The distance from packer to packer depends on the width of the concrete structure.
- The used materials with pressure injection (up to 200bar) are 2K polyurethane or epoxy resin with low viscosity, depending on the type of crack.
- Remove packers, insulating material and overflown filler
Procedure for cracks with damage by corrosion and or carbonation
- Removal of damaged concrete
- Exposing of corroded reinforcement in the area of the damage
- Derusting of reinforcement (degree of purity SA 2)
- Preparation of subsurface after the Guidelines of Concrete Repair
- Examination of roughness-depth after the DAfStb-guidelines
- Application of mineral bonding bridge onto the matt damp subsurface
- Application of repair system onto the prepared reinforcement